Soundtracks were how I discovered music. Here’s a list of my favourite music for film. I hope you enjoy it.
1. All the music that the great Ennio Morricone wrote for the Spaghetti Westerns directed by the great Sergio Leone. For instance, L’estasi dell’oro. Fasten your seat belts.
2. The whole Miami Vice (I mean the TV series) soundtrack by the wizard Jan Hammer. For example, the mythical Crockett’s Theme.
3. The Main Theme of Escape from New York, composed by the director himself, John Carpenter. The perfect translation into music of “walking by night through a desolate city”!
4. The whole soundtrack from the TV series The Mentalist. Composed by Blake Neely, this music is unique. Here’s how Careless Clues sounds.
5. Axel F by Harold Faltermeyer, from Beverly Hills Cop. The melody was the first thing that I ever tried to play (on a toy keyboard and with one finger only, of course).